Lesson Planning and Recordkeeping
1. Set goals for each child (intellectual, physical, spiritual, social—see Luke 2:52).
2. Determine what will be covered this year.
3. Order appropriate materials to accomplish goals.
4. Decide on “school” schedule.
5. Peruse materials and determine what you will cover and what you will not. Your curriculum is a tool, not a master.
6. Divide materials by number of weeks or number of days.
7. Build in some “down time.”
8. Lay out a framework (1 math lesson per day Monday-Thursday with math game Friday; 1 LLATL lesson per week, 1 A Beka literature unit per month, etc.).
9. Write out a plan to accomplish your goals. Use pencil!
10. Measure yourself...