National Home Education Research Institute
What is NHERI?
NHERI is the National Home Education Research Institute. NHERI conducts and collects research about homeschooling and publishes the research journal called the Home School Researcher. The institute has hundreds of research works documented and catalogued on homeschooling, many of which were done by NHERI. Simply put, NHERI specializes in homeschool research.
NHERI exists to do the following things:
- To research those who teach their children at home;
- To publish the research journal called the Home School Researcher, which chronicles the current research being done about homeschooling;
- To speak to the media, legislators, and national organizations about the homeschooling movement, showing factual research about those who teach their children at home;
- To serve as conference speakers and teachers for groups interested in homeschooling; and
- To work with legislators on Capitol Hill, and with state/local legislators, on issues related to parental rights, the freedom we have to teach our children at home, and homeschoolers coordinating with local school officials.
Services that NHERI provides on a regular basis include:
- Speaking to homeschooling and other types of conferences about homeschooling research;
- Giving seminars and lectures on how to teach your children at home;
- Doing state- and national-level research about the homeschooling community; and
- Speaking to the media (television, radio, newspaper, etc.) about homeschooling issues.
For more information about NHERI's services, to subscribe to the Home School Researcher, to get started in your own homeschooling, or if you would like to obtain information about homeschooling research, click HERE.