Standardized testing from the comfort of home!
In Minnesota, homeschooled families are required to test students between the ages of seven and 16 (or 17 in some instances), yearly, using a nationally norm-referenced standardized achievement test.
MÂCHÉ is happy to partner with BJU Press Testing and Evaluation to offer the Iowa Assessments from home.
When you test with MÂCHÉ & BJU, MÂCHÉ will receive a group report (based on ANONYMOUS student data), allowing us to showcase to Minnesota legislators and others the success of home-educated students.
- Choose between Online Testing OR Paper/Pencil Testing.
- Families ordering tests through MÂCHÉ’s Parent Portal will receive a 10% discount.
- The opportunity to participate in a multi-state pilot testing initiative.
Participate in Three Steps!
Step One: Make a Testing Plan
Choose your dates and your type of test.
- View the 2023 Online Testing Schedule
- View the Online Testing Order Instructions
- View the Paper/Pencil Testing Order Instructions
Step Two: Order Your Test
- Set up your account on BJU Homeschool's Parent Portal using MÂCHÉ's link.
- Ensure you see MÂCHÉ's ID number MNX4V8VF and save 10% off your testing purchase!
Order by Phone
- Call BJU directly at (800) 845-5731 to order your tests.
- Indicate when scheduling & ordering that you are testing with MÂCHÉ (Minnesota Association of Christian Home Educators) ID number MNX4V8VF and save 10% off of your testing purchase.
Choose Online Testing for additional benefits!
BJU Press Testing &Evaluation offers faster results with fewer requirements.
Benefits of Online Testing include:
- testing results as quickly as 10 days
- no shipping costs
- year-round testing
- testing administrator provided by BJU.
Step Three: Take the Survey
*To complete the survey, you’ll need your student's ID number.(see attached document "How to Find Your Students ID Number")
After assessments are purchased, your child(ren) will be assigned a 10-digit ID number. You will receive an email with a 10-digit ID number for each child you’ve purchased a test for.
- Complete the survey before your student completes the assessment!
- Surveys returned after testing will not be included in the study.
There are many benefits of having your child take a standardized test through MÂCHÉ and BJU.
PROTECT HOMESCHOOL FREEDOM
Establishing a MÂCHÉ database of compiled scores lends credibility to the educational excellence of homeschooled students. Because homeschooled students historically score very high, the larger the number of students tested, the more convincing our scores become to both legislators and the public.
Your participation is encouraged, not only for your own information but to continue to safeguard our freedoms.
LEARN TEST-TAKING SUCCESS
Following directions, relaxing under pressure, pacing oneself, and completing work in an allotted time are all great skills that can be honed through taking tests.
Testing can be a valuable preparation for college entrance exams such as the ACT and SAT.
WE PROTECT YOUR PRIVACY
The charts of test scores shown to Minnesota legislators are combined scores of homeschool students statewide, never individual scores.