Northwest Homeschool Athletic Cooperative
Group Type: Co-Op
County: Hennepin, Ramsey, Sherburne, and Wright
Keywords: directory, family recreation, jr/sr high activites, physical education, and sports
Group Location: Hanover Area
Hanover, MN 55341
Our purpose is to provide homeschooled students the opportunity to participate together in interscholastic athletics, giving athletes from junior high through high school a true competitive team experience while fostering relationships among participants, their families, and the local community. Our home schools are members of the Minnesota State High School League (MSHSL), cooperatively sponsoring sports teams for cross country running and track & field and competing with local public and private schools. Student-athletes of all abilities are welcome. Most new team members have no experience with running or sports in general, and they often express how much they enjoy being part of a team.
A few highlights from 2017:
- Two full seasons of competition (spring T&F and fall CC) with 56 individual participants
- Family events including a fun run for younger siblings, organized by our student-athletes. As a result of this annual activity, many of these younger ones later become team members.
- Team community service projects. Four student-athletes received individual Presidential Volunteer Service Awards this year.
- Team Academic Excellence Recognition from the MN State High School Coaches’ Association and multiple MSHSL Spotlight on Scholarship individual student-athlete awards
- An individual MSHSL Cross Country State Championship qualifier who earned All-State athletic and All-State Academic honors.
- An individual All-State Academic Track & Field award recipient
- Remarkable performance and moral character growth among team members
For more information, visit northwestnighthawks.com